Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A lame attempt on poetry

A giant skating rink is sewn
With uneven stitches of white thread patched
Together with epoxy bound to
Melt below
room temperature
While finishing touches made
W/ embroidered satin paper leaves are comfortably
Nestled on frailties,
Waiting to be whistled away by the nomadic
Fog machine, away into
Another skating rink w/c
Needs stitching.

I wrote this a couple of months ago. Being a raging hypochondriac, I believed - and still do, by the way - that I had SAD - Seasonal Affective Disorder, which would greatly explain my gloomy, dark and morbid disposition during winter. Whenever people ask me if I like the snow, I just tell them that it is pretty to look at, but other than that, it is a big pain in the ass. And this has nothing to do with SAD -- trust me, you'd hate walking on snow and slush too. However, one of the perks of snowy days is that I feel that it somehow lessens the coldness of the winter. But that's about it, because the aftermath isn't that pretty at all. Winter is fast approaching again, and hell yes I am excited... because after I've settled all the scores here I'm packing my shit for a vacation in the Philippines before slugging it out in school in January. (I have to say this with conviction so that it happens!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment